Onboarding can be a challenge for any HR department, as it may be unclear all that needs to be covered in order to set your new employees up for success. Where does the onboarding process start? How will the new employees leave the onboarding process ready to start working? We have created a step-by-step guide to set your employees and your organization up for success. Here are the five I’s of onboarding.
- Impression: Your impression begins when you start attracting employees to your company. The first impression is everything for future employees, so consider what you put out to potential candidates.
- Induction: A good starting point is mapping out the employee’s journey through onboarding. Where do they start, and where will they end up once they’ve been successfully onboarded?
- Integration: Ensure your employees are connecting with those on their team and throughout the organization.
- Immersion: Give your employees the opportunity to practice their new skills with role-playing and simulations.
- Independence: Once your employees have been through the four steps above, continue providing learning opportunities throughout their employment that allow them to grow their skills independently.
At Culture Works, we understand how important onboarding can be to fostering great company culture. Do you think your company needs a company culture revamp? Contact us to learn how we can help!